Skip to main content

Training for a Thick Neck

https://howistayfit.com/training/thick-neck/

Training for a Thick Neck

I’ve spoken before about my thoughts on prioritising training body parts that are visible with or without a shirt on, and this includes training for a thick neck!
I can talk about how neck training can be helpful for improving posture, and also for the injury prevention benefits it provides if you partake in collision sports such as boxing or martial arts. But, to be honest, I just think a thick neck looks cool, and you don’t have to take your shirt off to reveal it!
The neck muscles will often be stimulated secondarily in compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, barbell rows etc. And the neck will often receive stimulation in exercise that involve stabilisation of the shoulder girdle, as when training your delts and traps.
However, I like to include some direct neck isolation work, to really try and make that neck grow! If you want a thick neck too, give these a try!


Read more: https://howistayfit.com/training/thick-neck/#ixzz5iWgFApFK 
Follow us: @DanMarashi on Twitter | dan.marashi on Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Gym? No Problem! Scapula Compressions

https://howistayfit.com/training/home-workout-14/ No Gym? No Problem! Scapula Compressions   admin   22/01/2019 No Gym? No Problem! If you wanted to do a home workout, you are in luck! I have created a series of videos showing exercises you can do with no equipment. Sometime it’s not so easy to get to the gym. Or you might find yourself away, travelling, etc. But the exercises I will be sharing in this video series fit into a home workout perfectly! Scapula Compressions Read more:  https://howistayfit.com/training/home-workout-14/#ixzz5dNWUTS5m   Follow us:  @DanMarashi on Twitter  |  dan.marashi on Facebook

Dan’s Fear of Failure Rant

https://howistayfit.com/focus/fear-of-failure-rant/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRl_JMSj0mc&feature=youtu.be Dan’s Fear of Failure Rant Dan’s Fear of Failure Rant – random thoughts from the kitchen! Too many people waste their potential in life… a deep topic here! Clearly this dieting is taking it’s toll right now haha! It’s true though.  It absolutely kills me how many people I see waste their potential. This isn’t limited to fitness! People’s fear of failure paralyses them in all areas of their life!  They are scared to even try something in case they don’t succeed. Successful people are often idealised for their achievements.  But what you don’t hear about is how many times they had to keep trying and failing in order to succeed! There are no larger restraints on our potential than those we place on ourselves!  Be amazing.  Be awesome!  Get in the game. Have a go at least.  And if you get knocked down, learn ...

Traps Training

https://howistayfit.com/training/traps-training/ Traps Training   admin   04/02/2019 Big traps are cool! In fact I’d say having big traps is freakin awesome! Abs are obviously cool too. But the problem is that unless you walk around all day without a shirt on, nobody will even know you have that coveted six pack! But a big pair of traps on the other hand, are noticeable with or without a shirt on! Even while wearing a long sleeve shirt! I don’t think any other body part can get the same admiration and attention even while covered up! Trapezius By “traps”, I am of course referring to the trapezius muscle, that is visible on top of the shoulders, tying in the shoulders to the neck. In my opinion it gives the impression of a powerful strong physique! How to train your traps The traps are hit INDIRECTLY through exercises like deadlifts and rows. And to an extent presses, pull ups, and pull downs. They are also used in back squats. But to isolate and hit t...