Skip to main content

Operation Get Dan Diced Week 6 FINAL Update

https://howistayfit.com/diet/operation-get-dan-diced-week-6-final-update/

Operation Get Dan Diced Week 6 FINAL Update

Operation Get Dan Diced Week 6 FINAL Update

I am DICED!  I did it!  I made it!  And thank God it’s over.
It’s been a tough journey.  But, yes, despite my deep contemplation and pondering thoughts of last week, it WAS worth it!

Week 6 Progress Pics

I wrapped up the end of Operation Get Dan Diced with a professional photoshoot.  I used my pal and awesome photographer Nick Velasco (http://www.nickvelasco.com/)
There’s a lot more pics on their way, but here’s a few that Nick sent over for now.
diced
diced
diced
diced
diced

My body weight

Let’s take a look at my weight fluctuations across the six week program:

Average AM Bodyweight (when I’m at my heaviest):

Week 1 – 77.2kg
Week 2 – 76.7kg
Week 3 – 77.3kg
Week 4 – 76.9kg
Week 5 – 77kg
Week 6 – 76.5kg

Average PM Bodyweight (when I’m at my lightest):

Week 1 – 73.6kg
Week 2 – 72.9kg
Week 3 – 73.5kg
Week 4 – 73.3kg
Week 5 – 73.3kg
Week 6 – 73.7kg
FINAL DAY = 72kg at time of photoshoot

So as we can see, overall my bodyweight pretty much remained constant over the 6 weeks, despite the fact that the way I looked changed drastically.  Goes to emphasise that the scales alone are a poor judge of progress!

Calories

My calories over the six weeks went from 2,100 to 1,800 in gradual decreases.  Doesn’t sound like a big difference, but it sure felt it!

Steps

This week’s step count was about 17,850 steps a day on average.  Remarkably my steps over the six weeks increased from my daily average of 15,000 a day that I started at.  Remember, I don’t wear my FitBit during exercise.  Considering how much training I was doing and how poor my energy levels were, this is very surprising!  I think I was consciously trying to move more, to battle my low energy and to keep dropping body fat!

Sleep

My sleep average was over 6 hours a night this week.  It’ crazy how my sleep actually improved!

Leaner Stronger

dietI would like to say a massive thanks to Jake Weekes of Leaner Stronger.  His coaching was a huge help to me get me through the six weeks.  I cannot recommend him strongly enough.





What do I do now?

I won’t talk about this just yet.  Stay tuned!  To be continued!


Read more: https://howistayfit.com/diet/operation-get-dan-diced-week-6-final-update/#ixzz5VzShAQxr 
Follow us: @DanMarashi on Twitter | dan.marashi on Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Gym? No Problem! Scapula Compressions

https://howistayfit.com/training/home-workout-14/ No Gym? No Problem! Scapula Compressions   admin   22/01/2019 No Gym? No Problem! If you wanted to do a home workout, you are in luck! I have created a series of videos showing exercises you can do with no equipment. Sometime it’s not so easy to get to the gym. Or you might find yourself away, travelling, etc. But the exercises I will be sharing in this video series fit into a home workout perfectly! Scapula Compressions Read more:  https://howistayfit.com/training/home-workout-14/#ixzz5dNWUTS5m   Follow us:  @DanMarashi on Twitter  |  dan.marashi on Facebook

Dan’s Fear of Failure Rant

https://howistayfit.com/focus/fear-of-failure-rant/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRl_JMSj0mc&feature=youtu.be Dan’s Fear of Failure Rant Dan’s Fear of Failure Rant – random thoughts from the kitchen! Too many people waste their potential in life… a deep topic here! Clearly this dieting is taking it’s toll right now haha! It’s true though.  It absolutely kills me how many people I see waste their potential. This isn’t limited to fitness! People’s fear of failure paralyses them in all areas of their life!  They are scared to even try something in case they don’t succeed. Successful people are often idealised for their achievements.  But what you don’t hear about is how many times they had to keep trying and failing in order to succeed! There are no larger restraints on our potential than those we place on ourselves!  Be amazing.  Be awesome!  Get in the game. Have a go at least.  And if you get knocked down, learn ...

Traps Training

https://howistayfit.com/training/traps-training/ Traps Training   admin   04/02/2019 Big traps are cool! In fact I’d say having big traps is freakin awesome! Abs are obviously cool too. But the problem is that unless you walk around all day without a shirt on, nobody will even know you have that coveted six pack! But a big pair of traps on the other hand, are noticeable with or without a shirt on! Even while wearing a long sleeve shirt! I don’t think any other body part can get the same admiration and attention even while covered up! Trapezius By “traps”, I am of course referring to the trapezius muscle, that is visible on top of the shoulders, tying in the shoulders to the neck. In my opinion it gives the impression of a powerful strong physique! How to train your traps The traps are hit INDIRECTLY through exercises like deadlifts and rows. And to an extent presses, pull ups, and pull downs. They are also used in back squats. But to isolate and hit t...